This Spinach Artichoke Dip will be the first thing to disappear at the party and maybe one of my favorite appetizer of all times!
You know a recipe is a good one when you serve it at a party and almost every guest asks for the recipe! This Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of those.
I have a collection of favorite appetizer recipes. They are always my go to any time I am asked to bring an appetizer to a party. If I am given the choice of bringing a dessert or an appetizer, I always go for the appetizer. My usual, go to appetizer is this roasted garlic and artichoke dip that I have made for years. Everyone loves it and it is always one of the first things to disappear at a party. Recently though, I had a blog reader send me one of her favorite recipes, a recipe for spinach artichoke dip. I had a party coming up so was excited to try it out.
I may have a new favorite appetizer. It’s really too close to call!! This recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip is similar to my favorite one with a few differences.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
- This recipe is a combination of cream cheese, mayo and a combination of Romano and Parmesan cheese. You can also use all Parmesan cheese if you like.
- I buy the artichoke hearts that come in a jar, in liquid. Be sure and drain the liquid out. I then put them in my little food processor and chop them up. I don’t like big pieces of artichoke in my dip.
- The original recipe called for frozen chopped spinach which I don’t ever have on hand but I always have fresh baby spinach so I just chop that up and use it, about 2 handfuls.
- The dip is finished off with a sprinkle of Mozzarella cheese on top! It is a great appetizer to make ahead and just keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. If I am taking it to a party I will often bake it at the host’s house so that it is nice and warm. If it cools off too much and begins to set up, just pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes to soften it up.
- I love to serve in on a sliced baguette but it’s great on some fresh veggies or crackers too.
This stuff is so yummy I have been known to make a complete meal out of it! You might be tempted to just eat it by the spoonful. Forget the bread!
Some other delicious dips:
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C grated Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14 oz. jar artichoke hearts drained, chopped
- 2 C baby spinach about 2 handfuls, chopped
- 1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Lightly grease a small baking dish
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper
- Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally posted Nov. 3, 2010
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.