This Cream Cheese Corn Dip is packed full of amazing flavor, texture, color and cheese! Just watch your guests gobble it up.
Dips and appetizers are my favorite part of any meal or party. If you are looking for a new and delicious appetizer this Cream Cheese Corn Dip is it but don’t wait for a party to try it. It’s delicious, easy to make, can be prepared ahead of time and it reheats beautifully. I could eat the whole pan as a meal in and of it’s self!
Cheesy Corn Dip Ingredients
Corn. I use canned corn but you could also use fresh or frozen. If using frozen, just thaw the corn first. The recipe calls for a combination of both white and yellow corn but you can use all of one or the other if preferred. If using canned corn be sure and drain it.
Tomatoes. I like the petite diced tomatoes with green chili peppers. If you can’t find tomatoes with peppers just use a can of petite diced tomatoes and a can of diced green chilies.
Cream Cheese. Soften the cream cheese at room temperature for an hour or so. If you use it straight out of the refrigerator you will end up with lumps of cream cheese which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it looks prettier if the cream cheese is nice and smooth. Beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth.
Cheese. I like to add a layer of cheddar cheese on top but you could also use a Mexican blend.
Seasoning. I like to use a combination of salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cilantro and cumin but feel free to play around with your favorite seasonings.
How to Make Corn Dip
- Beat cream cheese until soft and smooth in a bowl.
- Drain corn and add to bowl.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a 9 Inch cast iron pan or a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Toppings for Corn Dip
After baking I like to top the corn dip with diced green onion and additional cilantro. You could also add some diced jalapenos for a little extra kick and some crispy bacon adds some great texture and would also be delicious.
This dip is best served warm out of the oven but it also reheats easily the next day.
Favorites for Dipping
- Tortilla Chips
- Wheat Thin crackers
- or just a spoon
Tips for making Cream Cheese Corn Dip
- This is a great appetizer to make ahead of time. Mix it all together, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake and serve. It will take some additional baking time if it is put into the oven cold, an extra 10 minutes or so.
- Slow Cooker. This can be made in the slower cooker and will need about 1-2 hours on low. The slow cooker is the perfect way to keep it warm at a party, after it is heated through and bubbly just turn the slow cooker to warm.
- Fresh corn. If fresh corn is in season it is great to use. Depending on the size of the ears you will need 4-5 ears of fresh corn.
- To reheat leftover cream cheese corn dip place it back in the oven, covered with foil until it is heated through, about 15 minutes. You can also reheat it in the microwave.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Cream Cheese Corn Dip Recipe
Cream Cheese Corn Dip
- 1 15 oz white corn drained
- 1 15 oz. yellow corn drained
- 1 10 oz petite diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped, additional for topping
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions diced for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in corn, tomatoes, mayo and seasoning including 1 Tbsp cilantro.
- Bake for30 minutes.
- Add grated cheese the last five minutes, continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onion and additional cilantro