So I have been experimenting with a few recipes for my upcoming Mummies Night Out (only 3 spots left!!) I want to make sure everything is delicious and that my party guests leave feeling spoiled rotten and full!
This one is going on the menu for sure!
How can any combination of bread, cheese and butter be anything but wonderful!
I pulled this out of the oven and set it on the counter and we dug in! It never even made it to the table.
I did learn a few tricks in making this bread though.
First – buy a good quality artisan, style bread. You want a bread with a crisp, firm, hard crust. You want the bread to be a nice firm, denser style of bread.
I originally bought a loaf of store baked sourdough bread at Winco and this bread was way too soft. It basically fell apart when I cut it. This is what I ended up with – a mess!
The second loaf worked perfect. You cut the bread into cubes without cutting all the way through the bottom crust to create little tall squares of bread.
Cover the whole thing with a mixture of butter, green onion and poppy seeds.
Wrap it up nice and good in foil, place on a cookie sheet and pop it into the oven. About 15 minutes later or once the cheese is all melted and gooey it is ready to eat. Please wait a few minutes so you don’t totally burn your mouth. You are not going to want to wait but please do. I can not be held responsible for any cheese burns in your mouth if you don’t wait!
- 1 unsliced loaf of round is preferable sourdough bread
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onion including white part
- 2-3 tsp poppy seeds
- Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions
- Do not cut through the bottom crust
- Places slices of cheese between cuts
- Mix together butter, onion, and poppy seeds
- Pour over bread
- Wrap in foil the entire thing in foil and place on a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!