Bloomin Onion bread is amazing! Bread covered in cheese and onions, then baked for a delicious, out of this world appetizer.
Be sure and check out the video at the end of the post to see how easy it is to make.
I made this yummy recipe several weeks ago and my family went crazy for it. But honestly, how can any combination of bread, cheese and butter be anything but wonderful! When I pulled the bloomin’ onion bread out of the oven and set it on the counter, everyone dug in! It never even made it to the table.
Tips for Making Blooming Onion Bread
Buy a good quality artisan, style bread. You want a loaf of bread with a crisp, firm, hard crust. If the loaf is too soft it will fall apart as you cut it.
Do not cut all the way through the bread, you want to leave the bottom of the loaf of bread intact.
Place slices of cheese in between the squares of bread. The more cheese the better.
Pour a mixture of butter, green onion and poppy seeds. over the top of the bread.
Wrap the loaf up nice and good in foil and place the bloomin’ onion bread on a cookie sheet and pop it into the oven at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Please wait a few minutes so you don’t totally burn your mouth. You are not going to want to wait but please do. I can not be held responsible for any cheese burns in your mouth if you don’t wait!
Other delicious appetizers you may enjoy:
Some of my favorite kitchen tools to make BLOOMIN ONION BREAD:
PYREX BOWLS – I love my Pyrex bowls and actually own a couple of sets. Perfect for mixing or serving.
SHEET PAN – I have at least six of these in my kitchen. I use them everyday. The 13 x 18 size is perfect and I use them for everything!
Bloomin’ Onion Bread Recipe
Bloomin Onion Bread
- 1 loaf of Artisian bread round and with a hard crust.
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onion including white part
- 2-3 tsp poppy seeds
- Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut all the way through the bottom crust.
- Places slices of cheese between cuts
- Mix together butter, onion, and poppy seeds
- Pour over bread
- Wrap in loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15.
- Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.