This small batch sugar cookie recipe makes six cookies and they come together in minutes. There is no chilling required.
I crave these sugar cookies often but it is so dangerous to make a regular size batch because I am going to want to eat them all!!
I have no self control when it comes to cookies. This small batch sugar cookie recipe is the perfect solution. The recipe makes 6 cookies which is the perfect amount for our reduced size family and I can even share a couple if I want! There is no chilling required for the dough either so you wait time!
Sugar Cookies for Two
I am a big fan of frosting so I always frost my sugar cookies but these cookies will stand alone without frosting if you prefer.
Sugar Cookies for Two Ingredients
- Almond Extract. You can switch it out for vanilla if you prefer.
- Baking Powder
Be note there are NO EGGS in this recipe so it is perfect for anyone allergic to eggs.
How to Make Small Batch Sugar Cookies
For small batch recipes I usually just use a bowl and mix by hand. You can use a hand mixer if you prefer.
- In a medium bowl combine butter, sugar and extract. Mix to combine.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until combined and dough is crumbly.
- The dough will look a bit dry but using your hands it will easily come together into a ball.
- Divide dough into six evenly sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Dampen the bottom of a glass and dip into granulated sugar.
- Use the bottom of the glass to flatten the ball of dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake cookies at 400 degrees F for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Sugar Cooking Frosting
Combine powdered sugar, extract and whipping cream to make frosting. Add enough cream to have a nice spreading consistency.
Once the cookies have completely cooled, frost. I have made a lot of different sugar cookies over the years and this one is hands down my favorite and the recipe I make over and over again!
How to Store Sugar Cookies
Because this is a small batch recipe you probably won’t have too many leftover cookies but in case you are showing lots of self control and you do, just store them in an airtight container on the counter for up to three days.
I actually think these cookies taste better, if that’s possible, the second day. They soften up a bit over time.
If you want to freeze any of them, follow my directions in this post on how to freeze cookies.
My favorite small batch baking sheets are these quarter sheet pans.
Find my full size recipe for these Perfect Sugar Cookies here.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Small Batch Sugar Cookie Recipe
Small Batch Sugar Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour plus 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1-2 tsp milk or whipping cream
- Mix together butter, sugar and extract in a bowl.
- Mix until creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Use hands to bring dough together into a ball.
- Form dough into six balls.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for7-9 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Combine ingredients and stir until smooth and a good spreading consistency.
- Frost cookies.