These Small Batch 30 Minute Rolls are quick, easy, delicious and the perfect amount for 2-4 people.
Small Batch Baking
There is nothing better than the smell of fresh baked bread coming out of your oven. But as empty nesters, taking the time to make a batch of rolls to add to our dinner just seems like too much work and we end up with more rolls than we need!
That is where small batch 30 minute rolls come in. They solve all the problems! They only take 30 minutes to make and there are only four of them!!
Ingredients for Rolls
- All purpose flour
- Dry Active Yeast
- Vegetable Oil
How to Make Small Batch 30 Minute Rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine warm water (105-115 degrees ) in a bowl with the yeast. Cover and allow to proof for 5 minutes or until foamy and bubbly.
- In a bowl of stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, salt, oil, egg and your yeast mixture.
- With hook attachment, knead until soft and smooth.
- Divide dough into four pieces and form into rolls.
- Place in a greased 6 x 8 pan and cover. Allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Take some additional melted butter and brush over the top of hot rolls.
These rolls are so easy and quick to make you can add them to any meal or just bake up a batch when you are craving some fresh baked bread! Being able to make only four rolls at a time is pretty much life changing!
If you need more than four rolls, you can find the full batch version of these 30 minutes rolls here.
For more small batch baking recipes try these:
- Small Batch Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake for Two
- Small Batch Cinnamon Rolls
- Small Batch Banana Bread
- Brownies for Two
Technically, these rolls take a few more minutes than 30 but after you taste how amazing they are it isn’t going to matter at all!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Small Batch 30 Minute Roll Recipe
Small Batch 30 Minute Rolls
- 1/3 cup warm water plus 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour plus 3 Tbsp
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp egg beaten
- Place yeast into warm water (105 – 115 degrees F). Allow to sit for about five minutes until foamy and bubbly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In your the mixing bowl of a stand mixer combine flour, sugar, salt, egg and yeast mixture. Knead with dough hook until soft and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into four pieces and form each piece into a ball.
- Place in a greased 6 x 8 baking dish and cover. Allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter after baked and still hot.