Frozen bread dough is a quick and easy way to create a delicious cheesy pull apart bread!
Bread and cheese are a perfect combo and some of my other favorite recipes combining the two include Cheesy Bread which uses pizza dough, Stuffed Cheesy Bread and Cheesy Garlic Bread which comes together in minutes. You can’t go wrong with any of them.
Easy Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
This is garlic cheese bread at it’s finest! This Cheesy Pull Apart Bread is not only delicious but so easy thanks to using frozen roll dough! No one will know your trick and everyone will love them! Who doesn’t love bread that is full of garlic, cheese and yumminess?
If you have never made homemade bread or rolls because the idea or working with yeast scares you, this is the recipe for you.
I also have entire post on how to work with yeast that will help you overcome your fears.
Thanks to this recipe, everyone can enjoy a fresh batch of homemade easy cheesy pull apart rolls covered in butter, garlic and cheese.
How to make Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Place 16 frozen rolls on a plate or cookie sheet and allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes. I use the Rhodes variety of frozen rolls.
- Cut each roll in half with a clean pair of scissors once they have begun to thaw. Do not let them get totally thawed or they will be hard to cut.
- Mix together melted butter, seasonings 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over cut rolls and stir to totally coat dough in mixture
- Place sliced dough into the bottom of a nine inch springform pan.
- Allow the dough to sit at room temperature and rise until doubled. It will take about 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Place the pan on a cookie sheet before putting it in the oven or cover the bottom of the pan with foil in case the butter leaks out of the spring form pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes. Then cover with foil and then bake for another 10 minutes or until center is baked through.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minute and then remove the outside of the pan and enjoy! It’s warm, delicious and full of cheesy garlic goodness.
Can I use Homemade Roll Dough?
You can use homemade dough if you prefer, just make your balls of dough about the size of a golf ball. You can freeze them first and follow the directions as written or if you use the dough right after you make it, the rise time will only be 40 minutes or so.
Be sure and follow me on YouTube for lots of recipe videos!
Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread Recipe
Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- 16 frozen white dinner rolls Rhodes brand
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated and divided
- 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Remove frozen rolls from freezer and loosely cover in plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half with a clean pair of scissors.
- Combine melted butter and seasonings together. Pour over dough and gently mix. Add 1/2 cup of grated cheese and combine. You want each piece of dough to be coated.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with the pieces of dough and then top with remaining grated cheese.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours. Cover bottom of pan with foil to prevent butter from leaking out.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cover with foil and bake another ten minutes if they are browning too much and bake until center is completely done.