Create a delicious cheesy bread using pre-made pizza dough. Just like your favorite pizza place!
Homemade Cheesy Bread
So I have been on a bit of a carb kick lately. I do love my carbs! And one of my favorite things to enjoy with those carbs is cheese. Bread and cheese are a match made in haven!
This Cheesy Bread is a make at home version of that yummy cheese bread you can get at your local take and bake pizza place. Like most things this make at home version is better!
How to Make Cheesy Bread
Depending on my mood and the amount of time I have I will use my homemade pizza dough or the store bought pizza dough you can find in the deli section of the grocery store. You will need 1 lb. of pizza dough.
You can find my homemade pizza dough recipe here.
Roll out your dough into about a 12 inch circle on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush with a mixture of Italian Salad Dressing and seasonings.
Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Today’s recipe for cheesy bread is a perfect compliment to any of your favorite main dishes and it is the perfect thing to serve with a delicious salad for dinner or lunch.
What to serve with Cheesy Bread:
- 2.5 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 Cup warm water 120*F
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 C prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- dash pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Combine water and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch the dough down; place on a greased 16″ pizza pan and pat into a 16″ circle.
- Combine salad dressing and seasonings, brush evenly over dough, all the way to the edges. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- For a fluffier cheese bread, at this point, allow the bread to rest for 15 minutes or so. If you’re in a hurry, just skip this rise. (The bread will rise while it bakes, too.)
- Preheat the oven to 450*F. Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown. Slice. Serve warm.
Originally posted August 16, 2010