Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are a cinnamon roll and pancakes all in one! Drizzled with a delicious cream cheese glaze.Over the Labor Day weekend we visited our son Logan in San Diego. We had lots of fun and ate lots of great food. One of my favorite places we ate was Snooze, a fun, funky and delicious breakfast spot. Logan was working so we went on our own but he told us we had to try the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. If you follow me on Instagram you saw the photo I posted of the amazing pancakes at Snooze.
When I got home I kept dreaming about those pancakes so I did a little googling and found today’s recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes over at Recipe Girl. Now these pancakes aren’t exactly like the ones I had at Snooze but they are delicious in their own right!
You can use your favorite pancake recipe or even pancake mix if you’d like. I love using our favorite Buttermillk Pancake Recipe. The thing that makes these pancakes so amazing is the cinnamon sugar ribbon through the pancake and the cream cheese drizzle.
There is a little trick to getting the cinnamon mixture just right and Recipe Girl has a great post on how to get the mixture just right here.
Be sure not to flip the pancake too soon. You want those little bubbles to start forming. When you do flip it don’t panic if the cinnamon mixture seeps out a bit. It will be o.k.
The next step is to drizzle it with some yummy cream cheese glaze. I put it into a quart size baggie and clipped off the corner and then squeezed it all over the pancake. The more glaze the better!
With the yummy cinnamon filling and the glaze these pancakes don’t need any syrup. But if you really need syrup I’d definitely use my yummy cinnamon syrup. Really all you need to do is add a fork!
Cinnamon Roll Pancake Recipe
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Use your favorite pancake recipe my Buttermilk Pancake recipe or a pancake mix.
- 1/4 C of butter melted but don’t allow to boil
- 1/4 C plus 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Mix together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Put filling into a quart size heavy zip baggie and set aside while you make the pancakes.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- In a small pan heat the butter on low until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese until almost smooth. Sift in the powdered sugar, stir and then add in vanilla extract.
- Make pancakes according to your recipe.
- Use a large nonstick skillet or electric skillet to cook pancakes. Coat with non stick spray.
- Scoop batter onto griddle (approx. 1/3 C of batter) Cook over medium low heat.
- Snip corner of baggie with cinnamon filling and when pancakes begin to form bubbles, add the filling. Start at center and move outwards. Don’t get too close to the outside edge of pancake.
- When bubbles on pancake begin to pop flip the pancake. Cook until done.
- When you flip right side up you will see that the cinnamon mixture will have formed a crater in your pancake.
- Drizzle with cream cheese glaze and enjoy.