Chicken and Dumplings scream comfort food. And with this easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe, you can have it anytime you like.
Why is it that when the weather changes, the weather gets cooler and the furnace turns out that I start craving comfort food? I’ve pulled out the flannel jammies and started drinking pumpkin steamers so it must be Fall and time for comfort food.
If there is one food that screams COMFORT FOOD to me it is Chicken & Dumplings. We love it at our house and this slow cooker Chicken & Dumplings makes it so easy to make. Just get it going first thing in the morning and you’ve got a delicious warm dinner waiting for you that night.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
For this slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe, you can start with frozen chicken. No need to remember to defrost it. Just popped it in the slow cooker with some seasoning and butter. Then cover it with a mixture of cream of chicken, cream of celery and chicken broth. Then let it cook away all day.
Once the chicken is nice and tender, use a couple of forks to shred it right in the pot. Then add in the frozen vegetables and top it with the dumplings. The dumplings are easy to make. Just a combination of Bisquick, milk, and sour cream. Keep them small so they cook all the way through. Just drop about a Tablespoon of the mixture on top of the chicken soup in the slow cooker. Then cover and allow to cook for another hour to an hour and a half.
Once the biscuits are cooked through it is ready to enjoy! Pure Comfort Food!! I like to garnished my slow cooker chicken and dumplings with chopped chive
The perfect comfort food for a cold Winter night!
Check out more of my favorite comfort food recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- 4 skinless boneless frozen chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- salt & pepper
- 1 can chicken broth 10.75 oz
- 1 can cream of chicken 10.75 oz
- 1 can cream of celery 10.75 oz
- 2 C frozen carrots and peas
- 1 C Bisquick
- 1/3 C milk
- 1/4 C sour cream
- Place frozen chicken, butter and seasoning into crock pot.
- Mix together soups and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken in the pot and add in frozen vegetables
- Mix together Bisquick milk and sour cream
- Drop dumpling by tablespoon on top of chicken mixture
- Cover and cook on high for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until dumpling is cooked through.