This House Salad with Lemon Dressing has become a favorite at our house. A nice, light salad perfect for a summer night.
Summer and salads just go together. This House Salad with Lemon Dressing recipe has become one of my favorite go to salads this summer. It is quick and easy to put together and the light lemon dressing makes it oh so lovely and healthy.
What is a House Salad?
A house salad at a restaurant is usually their signature or special salad, the salad they are known for. This salad will quickly become your “house salad”, the one your family and friends request over and over.
The original recipe came from my friend Si over at A Bountiful Kitchen.
House Salad Ingredients
- Romaine Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Swiss Cheese
- Croutons. Make your own croutons using this recipe.
How to Make Lemon Dressing
This simple and delicious dressing is so easy to make.
- Combine olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- Chill until ready to use.
Place all your salad ingredients in a bowl, top with lemon dressing and toss to coat.
I can’t wait for all those cherry tomatoes to ripen in my garden so we can enjoy this salad even more!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
House Salad Recipe
House Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Swiss cheese grated
- 1/2 lb. bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 1/2 C toasted almonds optional
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, mix desired amount well over salad ingredients and chill.