A Stacked Breakfast includes all of your favorite breakfast foods together in one place. A potato pancake topped with eggs, cheese and veggies.
What is Stacked Breakfast?
But breakfast for dinner is perfect. Today’s recipe is one of those “clean out the refrigerator” kind of recipes. It is perfect for those “there is nothing for dinner” type evenings too. A Sausage and Egg Scramble is a complete breakfast or dinner made up of hash browns, sausage, eggs, cheese and a few vegetables. You just stack them one on top of the other.
How to Make A Stacked Breakfast
Potato Pancake. I use frozen shredded hash browns to make it extra quick and easy but if you’re in the mood you could totally make your own hash browns.
- Mix shredded potatoes with flour, egg, milk, salt & pepper, oil and dried onion. That helps hold the potato together.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to a frying pan.
- Spoon in potato pancake mixture and flatten with a spatula forming a large pancake.
- Allow to cook until desired crispness on one side and then flip and cook on other side. If you make one large potato pancake it will be difficult to flip (see photo below) so you may want to make a few smaller ones.
Scrambled Eggs. Cook eggs to your desired doneness.
Sausage. Cook sausage until crumbly and cooked through. I used a mild Italian Sausage.
- Add on top of potato pancake.
Cheddar Cheese, Tomato and Green Onion. You can also use Monterey Jack Cheese, Pepper Jack or your favorite cheese.
This recipe is one of those “not exact” recipes. I just mixed and sprinkled the amount I thought looked right but I’ll try my best to give you some exact measurements. I made it for two so that is what the recipe is for. It is an easy one though to double or triple!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Sausage and Egg Stack Recipe
Sausage and Egg Stack
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes grated (thawed)
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 lb. Mild Italian Sausage browned
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- Mix together flour, seasoning, onion, egg, milk and oil.
- Add in hash browns. Stir to combine.
- Add about 1 Tbsp oil to frying pan and heat.
- Add in potato pancake mixture and flatten with a spatula forming a large pancake.
- Allow to cook until desired crispyness on one side and then flip and cook on other side.
- Brown sausage.
- Scramble eggs and add in browned sausage.
- Stack eggs on top of potato pancake.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, tomato and green onion