Breakfast Pizza is all of your favorite breakfast ingredients in one dish and our family’s favorite breakfast dish ever!
You can see for yourself just how quickly breakfast pizza comes together in the video at the end of this post.
Today I am kicking off a week of breakfast ideas perfect for family breakfast or holiday entertaining. Whether you are feeding your own family or a house full of overnight guests I’ll have lots of delicious options for you.
I’m starting the week off with breakfast pizza which is one of those family favorite recipes that everyone loves and includes all of your favorite breakfast ingredients. The recipe is easy to put together, utilizing canned crescent roll dough for the crust. It is definitely the favorite breakfast at our house and the one that we enjoy every Christmas morning. But don’t enjoy it just on Christmas, enjoy it year round!
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can prep most of it the night before and just bake in the morning.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
- The base of the breakfast pizza is crescent roll dough. I use the kind that comes in the can! If you are using a full size cookie sheet (12 x 17) you will need two cans of crescent roll dough. I usually make a half sheet cookie size (9 x 12) and only use one. Once the dough is unrolled, press the dough to fill the cookie sheet. Be sure there are no holes or perforations in the dough.
- Add the cooked breakfast sausage. I used the roll of Jimmy Dean sausage. Only use half of it if using a half size baking sheet.
- Next, add thawed hash browns and cheeses.
- If you are making it the night before, stop here and cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator over night. Mix up the egg mixture and cover it and store in the fridge. If you are serving immediately, pour the egg/milk mixture over the cookie sheet. Pour it all down the middle, it will spread to the edges on its own. Then top it off with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan Cheese. Yes, the stuff out of the green bottle!
- If you are baking it in the morning, pour the egg mixture over the top right before putting it in the oven, don’t forget the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- If you want to make the smaller, half sheet version see recipe notes below.
More delicious breakfast recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville breakfast sausage patties
- 1 pkg. 8 refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen loose pack cubed hash brown potatoes thawed (I put in the refrigerator and let thaw overnight)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese I use Kraft
- Cook sausage until well browned, drain fat. Break it up as you cook it so it is like ground sausage.
- Press crescent roll dough into a 9 x 12 cookie sheet or an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan with points toward the center. Press over bottom and up sides to form a crust; seal perforations (important) Spoon sausage over the crust.
- Sprinkle with potatoes and top with cheddar cheese. (You can make it to this point the night ahead of time, cover with plastic and refrigerate)
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over crust in the middle – it will seep out to the edges on its own. If you pour it near the edges it may overflow.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese over all.
- Bake at 375 oven for 25-30 minutes.
Tips & Notes:
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
originally post Nov. 19, 2012