You are going to want to pour this cinnamon syrup for pancakes on everything! It’s that good and it only needs 5 ingredients and is ready in minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This cinnamon syrup for pancakes is a Wilkes family favorite and tradition. Although it is definitely a holiday favorite, we make it all year round. We love it on pancakes, waffles, french toast and even ice cream.
Pour this homemade cinnamon pancake syrup over all your favorite breakfast foods and anything else you can think to try it over! Use it in place of maple syrup on just about anything and everything. You can even pour it over vanilla ice cream. The flavor is amazing.
- Light corn syrup
- Whipping cream
How to Make Cinnamon Syrup for Pancakes
- Combine all ingredients except for whipping cream in a medium small sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly and boil for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will cinnamon syrup for pancakes last?
Store it in an airtight container in the fridge and it will last for up to a month. The sugar may crystallize a bit but when you heat it up that will melt. To reheat, place in the microwave or use a pan on the stove top
Try these other recipes too:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Cinnamon Syrup for Pancakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- In medium saucepan, stir all ingredients together EXCEPT cream
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat, stir in cream. Cool 30 minutes
- Syrup will thicken as it cools slightly. Serve warm.