Baked French Toast is a holiday favorite at our house and the perfect Christmas morning breakfast. You won’t be sure if it breakfast or dessert!
Planning ahead when it comes to breakfast is the key to success, especially if it is a holiday morning or there are overnight guests involved. Who likes getting up at the crack of dawn to prepare a delicious breakfast for the guests? Not me! So I love using recipes that allow me to do most of the work the night before.
What is Baked French Toast?
- Baked French Toast is one of those recipes that allows you do all of the work the night before. All you have to do in the morning is bake it!
- My version of baked french toast is covered in crispy, crunchy cinnamon goodness. I used Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal to create the crispy coating.
How to Make Baked French Toast?
- First, you want to start with a nice thick bread, not the regular sandwich type bread. I like my bread about 3/4″ thick.
- Then, mix together your egg mixture which is a combination of eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Make sure the eggs are beaten well.
- Next, crush your Cinnamon Toast Cereal. I like to put it in a zippered plastic bag and roll over it with a rolling pin.
- Then, dip your bread into egg mixture, totally coating both sides and then dip into crushed cereal, covering both sides. Place each piece on the prepared baking sheet.
- Finally, cover with wax paper and put in the freezer for a few hours over overnight. You want it to be firm. When you are ready to cook it, bake at 425 degrees F, uncovered, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Baked French Toast makes morning prep simple and I love the crunch the cereal gives the french toast. For more cinnamon goodness serve it with cinnamon syrup. All your snickerdoodle fans are going to love it too.
Other favorite overnight breakfast ideas:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Baked French Toast
Baked French Toast
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices French bread 3/4" thick
- 5 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal crushed
- Grease a large baking sheet
- Mix together half and half, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well to combine. Place in a flat bottom bowl or pie plate.
- Place crushed cereal in a flat bottom bowl or pie plate.
- Dip both sides of bread into the egg mixture.
- Dip both sides of bread into crushed cereal and place on baking sheet.
- Cover with wax paper and place in freezer for 2 hours or overnight, until bread is firm.
- Bake uncovered in a 425 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.