Overnight French Toast is perfect if you are feeding a crowd or just your family. It makes serving a delicious breakfast so easy.
French toast is one of my favorite things to serve overnight guests because it is so easy. Your guests will think you have been up for hours cooking! This recipe has been in our family collection of recipe for years and I have no idea who gave it to me!
Prepared the night before and cooked the next morning, this easy overnight French toast is perfect for a cold winter morning, a lazy weekend mornings, or as an easy, make-ahead Christmas morning breakfast.
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
How To make Overnight French Toast?
With just a little bit of preparation the night before you and your guests will enjoy this delicious breakfast the next morning.
- Start by mixing together your eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Use a thick bread such as French bread or sour dough, about 3/4 ” thick.
- Place your slices of bread on a 10 x 15 baking sheet (that has sides on it)
- Slowly pour the batter over the bread. Turn the bread so that it is coated on both sides.
- Cover with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, melt butter in a skillet and slowly fry the bread over medium heat. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Mix up a batch of cinnamon syrup or buttermilk syrup and greet your family or guests with a delicious breakfast.
Enjoy some more of my favorite breakfast recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Overnight French Toast Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 slices bread 3/4″ thick
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Mix together all the ingredients except for bread and butter.
- Place bread slices on a large 10 x 15 baking sheet and slowly pour batter over the bread.
- Turn the bread so that both sides are covered with batter.
- Cover pan with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, melt butter on griddle or skillet and fry the bread over medium heat until it is golden brown on both sides. Don’t crowd the pieces.
- Serve with warm syrup