Buttermilk Syrup is perfect on pancakes, waffles and french toast. It is so delicious you will never want to settle for store bought syrup again.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When my boys were in Utah at college, one of our favorite things to do was to go to breakfast at a local restaurant called Maglebys. To be honest, I went for the syrup! Whether you order the french toast or the pancakes, the buttermilk syrup is the best part. This recipe is my version of that delicious syrup.
You will want to make pancakes for breakfast just to try it! The buttermilk and caramelized sugar add a depth of flavor that is perfect for pancakes, waffles, and French Toast. And if you have someone that doesn’t like maple syrup, this is the perfect substitute.
- Vanilla Extract
- Corn Syrup
- Baking Soda
How to Make Buttermilk Syrup
This recipe is made in a single sauce pan, on your stove top in a matter of minutes.
- Add butter, sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup, and vanilla into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add in your baking soda and watch it foam up!
- Stir well and it is ready to serve.
- Pour over your favorite pancakes, waffles or french toast.
Check out these other breakfast recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Buttermilk Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Bring first five ingredients to a boil
- Add baking soda
- Boil 10 seconds and remove from heat immediately to avoid boil over
- I use a fairly deep, heavy pan. Serve warm