Mummy hot dogs are a classic Halloween treat and pretty much required food at any Halloween party!
Who doesn’t love a mummy hot dog. We have been making them for years and they are required at our annual Halloweenie Roast. I think there would be a major uproar if they weren’t there. Even though we are roasting hot dogs over an open fire, the plate full of mummy dogs is always the first thing to disappear.
They are super easy to make and the kids will love helping.
- Beef Hot Dogs
- Packaged Pizza Crust, thin crust
- Ketchup or Mustard
- Candy Eyes
How To Make Mummy Hot Dogs
I use the Pillsbury pizza dough that comes in a tube. I like the thin crust, but the regular will work too. You can also make them with crescent roll dough. Either will work. With the pizza dough I cut the roll of dough into about 1/4″ inch slices, so you have have pinwheel of dough. Unroll the slice of dough and then wrap it around the hot dog. I use about 2 pieces per hot dog.
Be sure and leave a space for the face so that you can add some googly eyes! I also like to make sure the ends of the dough are on the underneath part of the mummy so they don’t lift up while baking.
For the eyes, you can use the edible eyes you can buy at the craft store or you can make your own using my googly eye tutorial. Just use some ketchup or mustard as glue to attach them.
- If you want a more savory option for the eyes, you can use a couple of dabs of mustard. Or use the end of a straw to cut out circles of white cheese. Then use a toothpick to dab black food coloring, mustard, or ketchup for the pupil.
Kids of all ages will love this fun Halloween snack.
Check out more of my favorite Halloween party foods:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Mummy Hot Dogs
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 11 oz. Pillsbury thin crust pizza crust
- ketchup and mustard for dipping
- Cut the roll of pizza crust (don’t unroll it) into 1/4 inch slices or pinwheels. Unroll each pieces and wrap two pieces around each hot dog. Leaving a space for the face of the mummy
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes until hot dog is heated through and dough is golden brown.
- Use dots of mustard as eyes or apply premade googly eyes.