Halloween 7 Layer Dip is a fun holiday twist on a favorite appetizer that is always a hit at every party. Seven layers of deliciousness!
This 7 Layer Dip is one of my boy’s most requested appetizers and this Halloween spider web version is just too much fun. It has been a repeat guest at our annual Halloweenie Roast for many years! Turning a classic appetizer into a Halloween treat is easy to do with a little sour cream spider web and plastic spider!
I always start with a round baking dish, this one is about 9-10 inches across. The first layer is guacamole. You can make your own guacamole using my favorite chipotle copycat guacamole recipe or buy it in the deli section of the grocery store.
Seven Layer Dip traditionally has a layer of beans but I’m not a bean fan so I use a layer of sour cream mixed with taco seasoning mix. Yum!
Next, I took the other layers, the tomato, cheese, olives and green onions and put them around the edge of the dish, making a border with them.
Now, the fun part! I put some sour cream into a little zip lock baggie and snip off the corner, just a little bit. Then pipe the sour cream into the shape of a spider web.
Then all I did was add the spider, some tortilla chips and it’s ready to serve. The kids and adults will love it. Not Halloween? You can check out my regular version of 7 Layer Dip here.
Some other fun Halloween appetizer ideas:
Halloween 7 Layer Dip
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 1.25 oz. pkgs taco seasoning
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- 1 2.25 oz. sliced olives
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream for web
- Layer guacamole in bottom of 9-10 Inch round dish
- Mix together sour cream, taco seasoning and mayo. Spread over top of guacamole
- Add olives, green onions, grated cheese and diced tomatoes around edge of dish.
- Put sour cream into a small zipper plastic bag and snip the corner off. Pipe spider web shape onto the middle section of the dip. Add plastic spider if desired
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with chips