Halloween 7 Layer Dip is a fun holiday twist on a favorite appetizer that is perfect for all your Halloween parties. Seven layers of deliciousness!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It’s always a hit! This dip is one of my boy’s most requested appetizers and this Halloween spider web version is just too much fun. It has been a repeat guest at our annual Halloweenie Roast for many years! Turning a classic appetizer into a spooky Halloween treat is easy to do with a little sour cream spider web and plastic spider!
It’s quick and easy! It can be assembled in a matter of minutes.
- Guacamole. Use store bought or make homemade guacamole using this recipe.
- Sour Cream. You can also use plain Greek yogurt.
- Taco Seasoning. If you don’t have taco seasoning you can also add salsa into the mayonnaise.
- Black Olives
- Green Onions
- Cheddar Cheese
- Tomato. You could also replace the tomatoes with pico de gallo.
How to Make Halloween 7 Layer Dip
- Use a round baking dish that is approximately 9-10 inches across.
- Spread guacamole over the bottom of the dish.
- Mix together sour cream and taco seasoning mix is a medium bowl.
- Layer sour cream mixture over top of the guacamole.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese around the edge of the dish.
- Top cheese with tomato, olives and green onion.
- Put some sour cream into a little zip lock baggie and snip off the corner, just a little bit.
- Pipe the sour cream into the shape of a spider web.
- Add a plastic spider, some tortilla chips and it’s ready to serve.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesn’t this recipe use refried beans?
Mainly, because I don’t care for them. I added the layer of sour cream and taco seasoning instead of refried beans but if you prefer, replace the sour cream layer with refried beans or add it in addition.
What is the best way to store 7 layer dip?
I recommend making it the day you are going to serve it and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. If you have leftovers, cover the dip tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator up to 3 days. It may become watery after a day. I do not recommend freezing it.
Do I serve this dip hot or cold?
This recipe is intended to be served cold or at room temperature.
Check out more fun Halloween recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Halloween 7 Layer Dip Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 1.25 oz. pkgs taco seasoning
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- 2.25 oz. sliced olives
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream for web
- Layer guacamole in bottom of 9-10 Inch round dish
- Mix together 2 cups sour cream, taco seasoning and mayo. Spread over top of guacamole
- Add olives, green onions, grated cheese and diced tomatoes around edge of dish.
- Put sour cream into a small zipper plastic bag and snip the corner off. Pipe spider web shape onto the middle section of the dip. Add plastic spider if desired
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with chips