Mummy Meatballs are a fun variation on the classic Mummy Dog. A fun, easy and yummy Halloween appetizer using store bought meatballs.
Everyone loves the classic mummy dog, which has always been required fare at our Halloween parties. But today I have a fun variation for you, the mummy meatball. How cute are these little guys! Your non hot dog eating guests are going to really love these!
These are just as easy to make as mummy dogs but use frozen meatballs instead. You can find the meatballs in the freezer section of the grocery store. Each mummy meatball needs 3 meatballs. I used some bamboo skewers to hold the three meatballs together. It makes it a lot easier to wrap the mummies this way.
I used Pillsbury refrigerated thin pizza crust. I sliced the roll into 1/4 inches pieces and then unrolled each piece. Each meatball mummy uses 3 pieces of dough. As you wrap be sure and leave a space for the face and the eyes. I mummy needs to be able to see! Pull the skewers out of the mummy’s after they are on the baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through and the dough is golden brown. For the eyes, I used the end of a straw to cut circles out of white cheese. I then used the end of the toothpick to put on some dabs of black food coloring. They are not perfect but that’s o.k. They are cute and yummy. You could also use premade sugary googly eyes if you’d like, just like I did on these mummy dogs. I like to serve them with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
Some of my other favorite Halloween party foods:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Mummy Meatball Recipe
- 18 premade, frozen meatballs thawed
- 1 11 oz. Pillsbury thin crust pizza crust leave rolled up
- 1 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- bamboo skewers
- Place three meatballs onto a bamboo skewer.
- Slice the roll of pizza dough into 1/4 inch pieces. Use 3 pieces per mummy dog.
- Unroll pieces of dough and wrap around the meatballs. Be sure and leave a spot for the face and the eyes.
- Place on a baking sheet. Gently remove the bamboo skewers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are heated through and dough is golden brown
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.