Mummy Meatballs are a fun variation on the classic Mummy Dog. A fun, easy and yummy Halloween appetizer using meatballs.
Everyone loves the classic mummy hot dog, which has always been required fare at our Halloween parties. But today I have a fun variation for you, the mummy meatball. How cute are these little guys! Your non hot dog eating guests are going to really love these!
These are just as easy to make as mummy dogs but use frozen meatballs instead. You can find the meatballs in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Pizza Crust, thin crust
- White Cheese
- Black Food Coloring
- Marinara Sauce
- Bamboo Skewers
How to Make Mummy Meatballs
Each mummy meatball needs 3 meatballs. I used some bamboo skewers to hold the three meatballs together. It makes it a lot easier to wrap the mummies this way.
I used Pillsbury refrigerated thin pizza crust for the wraps. I sliced the roll into 1/4 inches pieces and then unrolled each piece. Each meatball mummy uses 3 pieces of dough. As you wrap be sure and leave a space for the face and the eyes. I mummy needs to be able to see!
Pull the skewers out of the mummy’s after they are on the baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through and the dough is golden brown.
For the eyes, I used the end of a straw to cut circles out of white cheese. I then used the end of the toothpick to put on some dabs of black food coloring. They are cute and yummy. You could also use premade candy eyes if you’d like.
I like to serve them with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
Check out more fun Halloween party food:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 18 premade, frozen meatballs thawed
- 1 11 oz. Pillsbury thin crust pizza crust leave rolled up
- 1 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- bamboo skewers
- Place three meatballs onto a bamboo skewer.
- Slice the roll of pizza dough into 1/4 inch pieces. Use 3 pieces per mummy dog.
- Unroll pieces of dough and wrap around the meatballs. Be sure and leave a spot for the face and the eyes.
- Place on a baking sheet. Gently remove the bamboo skewers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are heated through and dough is golden brown
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping