Buttery, chewy, sweet, crunchy and a bit of salty, this Rice Krispie Treat for One is perfection. Made in the microwave or the stove top, this 3 ingredient treat only takes minutes to make!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
Whether you only have a cup full of cereal left or you are just trying to satisfy that Rice Krispie treat craving, this recipe is the answer. In a matter of minutes you can enjoy a delicious, gooey treat!
I’ve added a couple of tricks to take this treat to the next level – this is not your mother’s Rice Krispie treat (unless, of course, I am your mother). Once you try this version you will never go back to the classic way of making it.
This Recipe is Great for:
- Anyone who lives alone and doesn’t want to be tempted by an entire batch of treats.
- That late night craving when you need something sweet now!
- When you only have a little bit of cereal and are craving a Rice Krispie treat.
- Someone craving something sweet and salty.
- When you only have minutes and need a sweet treat now. You can literally make this treat in 5 minutes.
- Marshmallows. I use mini marshmallows but if you only have large, use 8 large marshmallows.
- Butter. I prefer salted butter but unsalted will work too as we are going to add some extra salt on top.
- Crispy rice cereal.
- Flaky Sea Salt. My favorite brand is Maldon. (This is of course optional, leave off for a more classic version and is not pictured below)
How to Make a Rice Krispie Treat for One
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl (or a saucepan if doing on the stovetop). Place a cover over the top of the bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 3 1/2 minutes or until the butter starts to turn a beautiful golden color.
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and microwave for 30 seconds (marshmallows will puff up.)
- Add in cereal and stir to coat.
- Pour mixture onto a piece of parchment paper or wax paper and form into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle the top with some flaky sea salt.
Tips from Leigh Anne
- Don’t over stir once you have combined the cereal with the melted marshmallow. This can break down the cereal.
- If you don’t like the flavor of brown butter, just use regular melted butter.
- I like my treats light and airy so I don’t press down and compact them too much once I put them in the pan.
Rice Krispie Treat Variations
Try one of these cereals for a different taste:
- Cocoa Rice Krispies
- Fruity Pebbles
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Reese’s Puffs
- Lucky Charms
- Corn Flakes
Frequently Asked Questions
They actually freeze wonderfully. Freeze them individually, wrapped air tight in plastic wrap. They will freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature.
You can make this recipe by melting your marshmallows and butter in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Try these other delicious small batch dessert bars:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Rice Krispie Treat for One
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows 8 large marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- Put butter in a microwaveable bowl, cover and microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes or until butter turns golden brown.
- Mix in marshmallows and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour in cereal and stir to coat.
- Spread onto a piece of parchment paper and form into a rectangle
Leave a Review