Stuffed Cheesy Bread is garlic and cheese stuffed between layers of homemade dough. It is pure goodness that is totally irresistible and better than your favorite pizza take out’s cheesy bread!
If you are looking to satisfy that craving for some cheese and garlic goodness you may also want to check out Magleby’s Rolls, an easy recipe made with frozen bread dough. Black Angus Garlic Cheese Bread is a delicious copycat recipe and this Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread is heaven!
Cheese Filled Breadsticks
Given the choice between candy and bread I’ll choose bread almost every time. Cover that bread with cheese and garlic and it wins hands down! With today’s recipe you can now make your own Stuffed Cheesy Bread at home, just like your favorite pizza place.
Whenever we order pizza I am the boring cheese girl. I love my cheese pizza. So when no one else wants cheese but me I’ll order some cheesy bread for myself and let everyone else choose the pizza toppings.
The bread is pure cheese goodness, inside and out. Not only is the bread topped with a nice layer of cheese but there is cheese sandwiched in between the layers of dough.
How to Make Cheesy Bread
Dough. If you have questions about working with yeast check out this post. Allow dough to raise until doubled, 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
Cheese. I use a combination of Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella and Parmesan. It would also be good with some Monterey Jack of even some Pepper Jack.
Assemble Stuffed Cheesy Bread
- Divide dough into two pieces and roll each piece into an 8 inch square. Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each square with 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Fold dough over and seal, pressing down with fingers.
- Slice the dough crosswise at one inch intervals, Do not cut all the way through the other side.
- Sprinkle top of each piece with half the cheesy garlic mixture.
- Add dried parsley on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until dough is cooked through and cheese is golden brown.
- Pull apart the layers to reveal a lovely layer of gooey cheese!
How to Serve Stuffed Cheesy Bread
It is perfect as an appetizer or as a side dish to any meal. When served as an appetizer add a marinara or ranch sauce for dipping.
I love to serve it with:
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Easy Tomato Soup
- Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- Herb Pasta
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Stuffed Cheesy Bread Recipe
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup water warm, 105-110 degrees F.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley dried
- Combine sugar, yeast and warm water in a small bowl. Proof for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add flour and salt into bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix with bread hook attachment until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough into a bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and all the other cheeses, garlic salt, garlic powder and parsley.
- Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Divide dough in half and roll out each half into a 8 inch square.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the two pieces of dough, 1/2 cup each piece.
- Fold dough over and seal closes, use your finger to press closed. Slice the dough crosswise at one inch intervals, stopping before the folded edge. Do not cut all the way through.
- Sprinkle cheese garlic mixture evenly on top of each square. Sprinkle with dried parsley
- Bake cheesy bread until cooked through and cheese is golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Pull apart into breadsticks and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.