Looking to jazz up your homemade pizza game? Rosemary Chicken Pizza is the perfect recipe to do just that. Lemon chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and rosemary make for one delicious pizza.
Recently I have been having fun making different types of homemade pizza for dinner. When we go out for pizza we usually order the same, what some might consider boring pizzas such as cheese, pepperoni or Hawaiian. But lately we have had fun experimenting with different pizza toppings.
A few weeks ago we tried Rosemary Chicken Pizza. The combination of lemon grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary was yummy! I grilled some chicken specifically for this pizza but you could also use leftover rotisserie chicken or buy precooked chicken from the grocery store to make this an even easier and quicker dinner. I often use this recipe for lemon grilled chicken and just serve it as chicken, not on the pizza. It’s yummy all by itself.
How to make Rosemary Chicken Pizza
I used my favorite, go to pizza dough recipe. This pizza doesn’t have any sauce. All you do is mix up the sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil (don’t drain them) along with red onion, garlic, parsley, rosemary, cheese, salt and pepper and cheese. Spread the mixture over the dough and then top with a bit more cheese.
I used fresh herbs from my garden but you can always used dried parsley and rosemary too. I cook my pizza on a pizza stone in my oven. Be sure and heat up the stone before putting the pizza on it. If you don’t have a pizza stone you can bake the pizza on a large baking sheet also. Sprinkle the baking sheet with some corn meal first to keep the pizza from sticking.
So next time you are in the mood for pizza, don’t reach for the phone – try Rosemary Chicken Pizza instead.
Check out more of my favorite pizza recipes
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Rosemary Chicken Pizza
- 1 large lemon grilled chicken breast thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped (or 1/2 Tbsp. dried)
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary chopped (for 1 tsp. dried)
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- your favorite pizza dough
Lemon Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Toss all ingredients together with 1 1/2 cup cheese
- Spread mixture over dough and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese
- Bake at 400 for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown
- Let rest for several minutes then cut into wedges and serve!
Lemon Grilled Chicken
- Marinate chicken overnight or for several hours.
- This is perfect for salads too.