Switch up Pizza Night with this delicious Chicken Pesto Pizza recipe.
Several weeks ago I asked a question on Facebook. If you had to pick one food to eat the rest of your life, what would it be? The answers were great and fun to read. My answer was pizza. And this chicken pesto pizza is at the top of the list.
Although I am basically a plain jane, cheese pizza kind of girl, I do enjoy a specialty pizza now and then. At our house that usually means we use whatever is in the refrigerator.
Last week I had leftover Pesto Chicken and it makes the perfect pizza topping.. I also used a thin layer of pesto as the base for the pizza too. If you haven’t made Pesto Chicken just cut up some cooked chicken and stir in some pesto. Use jarred pesto from the store or make your own using my Pesto Recipe, it’s super easy!
So easy and so delicious. Of course, one of the tricks to really excellent pizza is using “real” mozzarella cheese. The stuff you have to slice, not the pre-grated stuff in the bag. I also give it a nice dusting of freshly grated Parmesan cheese too.
I cook my pizza on a preheated pizza stone so I end up with a nice crispy crust. Then the only question left to answer is to you slice your pizza into squares or pie shaped pieces? I’m a square girl
So am I the only one that would pick pizza as their one and only food to eat!?
Check out more of my favorite pizza recipes here:
Some of my favorite kitchen tools I use to make CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA:
BAMBOO PIZZA PADDLE – the perfect way to get your pizza into the oven.
PIZZA STONE – works in the oven or on the grill too. Gives you perfect, crisp crust every time!
MAGNETIC MEASURING SPOONS – I love these things. They are magnetic so they stay together in the drawer!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
Chicken Pesto Pizza
- 1 C precooked chicken about 1 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 4-5 Tablespoons Pesto
- Pizza Dough
- Pizza Sauce or more Pesto
- Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of pesto with cut up chicken or use leftover Pesto Chicken.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons pesto with pizza sauce or use straight pesto as sauce.
- Cover pizza paddle or backside of a cookie sheet with a light layer of cornmeal.
- Roll out dough (may need to add a little extra flour).
- Add a layer of sauce or pesto, pesto chicken and then cheese.
- Add a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese at the end.
- Slide pizza from paddle or cookie sheet into oven onto the hot pizza stone.
- Cook in oven preheated to 450 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned and edges of crust are golden brown.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally posted September 19, 2011
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.