A peanut butter skillet cookie is warm and gooey and the perfect way to satisfy that peanut butter cookie craving without making a whole batch of cookies.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
When that peanut butter cookie craving hits, this is an easy and quick way to satisfy it without over indulging in too many cookies.
You can put it together in minutes!
- Flour. I use unbleached all purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Peanut Butter. I used creamy peanut butter. I have found that natural peanut butters, especially those where the oil separates don’t work well for this recipe.
- Butter. I use salted butter, if using unsalted butter, add a pinch more salt.
- Sugar. Use a combination of both brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips. I use semi sweet but use your favorite kind.
How to Make Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combined softened butter, peanut butter, and sugars and mix together. It should be smooth and creamy. I don’t use a mixer for this, I do it by hand.
- Add in vanilla and beaten egg (you are only using 2 Tablespoons of it, not the whole egg!
- Pour in dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and put cookie dough into a 6 inch cast iron mini skillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it is golden brown around the edges and not jiggly in the middle.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Chocolate Chips. Any flavor you like. I use semi sweet chocolate chips but peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips would be delish.
- M & M’s. Use plain M & M’s or peanut butter M & M’s.
- Peanut Butter Cups. Cut up Reeses peanut butter cups to add in.
Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie Tips:
- Don’t over bake. Bake just until edges are golden brown and middle doesn’t jiggle. You want it ooey and gooey in the middle!
- Top the skillet cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Adding some hot fudge sauce or chocolate sauce makes it even more delicious
- For more peanut butter goodness, melt some peanut butter and drizzle over the ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use a 6 inch round cake pan or a large ramekin. If you only have smaller ramekins split the dough between two ramekins. Be sure and grease the cake pan or ramekin. You don’t have to grease the cast iron skillet if it is well seasoned
Try these other yummy recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter creamy
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl combine butter, peanut butter, sugars and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add in dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Press dough into a 6 inch cast iron pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges and not jiggly in the middle.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!