This Peanut Butter Pie is light and fluffy and full of peanut butter goodness. Crushed peanut butter cups on top are the perfect topping!
I originally made this peanut butter pie for a pie competition at church. I didn’t win but my dish came home empty so I call that a winner.
Because I can’t have peanut butter without chocolate, the crust for this pie is make out of chocolate cookies.
The filling is a combination of peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream and makes a nice light and fluffy filling. And it is so easy to make. You just need to plan enough time for it to chill in the refrigerator.
Top your pie with extra whipped cream and some chopped peanut butter cups for an extra peanut butter punch and a beautiful presentation.
The next time you get a craving for peanut butter and chocolate give this a try!
And make sure to check out more of my favorite peanut butter desserts:
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 2/3 C graham cracker crumbs or chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 C sugar
- 6 Tbsp stick/cube butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C milk I used half and half
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter and press into a 9 inch pie plate
- Bake a 425 degrees for 9 - 10 minutes
- Let cool
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in milk, peanut butter and vanilla
- In a chilled bowl beat whip cream until it holds a stiff peak
- Stir one third of it into the peanut butter mixture
- Fold in the remaining whipped cream until thoroughly combined
- Pour filling into cooled pie crust
- Decorate top of pie with additional whipped cream and chopped candy
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight is better
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!