Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket is so delicious and easy. You get all of the delicious flavor of your favorite smoked beef brisket but it’s made in your slow cooker!
I love using my slow cooker, especially on Mondays. It’s an easy way to get back into the weekly cooking routine. Fill the slow cooker in the morning and dinner is ready that evening.
We love a good beef brisket at our house and cooking it in the slow cooker is the perfect way to do it. Brisket likes to cook slow and low so the slow cooker is the perfect tool.
How to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket
- Cover brisket brisket with a rub of onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place brisket in crock pot.
- Cover brisket with a mixture of beef broth, chili sauce, and liquid smoke. I love the flavor that liquid smoke gives the meat. It tastes just like you smoked your brisket, but instead of the hassle of a smoker, you did it in the crockpot!
- Cook the brisket on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. You will know when the slow cooker brisket is done because the meat will be fork tender. No knife needed!
Serve the brisket as is and just spoon some of the pan juices over the top. Or you can serve it Texas style with your favorite BBQ sauce over the top. My favorite BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Rays Original.
Just spoon on as much of that BBQ sauce as you want! The more the better as far as I’m concerned.
I like to serve BBQ brisket with some homemade corn bread. If you are a potato eater it is great served with mashed potatoes too. Or you can serve it on a bun with a little cole slaw for the perfect brisket sandwich. It’s good anyway you slice and serve it!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket
Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket
- 3 lb. beef brisket
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp hickory liquid smoke
- 1/4 C beef broth
- 3 Tbsp chili sauce bottled
- Mix together chili powder, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and pepper. Make a paste and rub over brisket.
- Place brisket into slow cooker.
- Mix together beef broth, liquid smoke, onions and chili sauce.
- Pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours or until fork tender and meat easily pulls apart.
- Remove brisket from cooker and slice across the grain into thin slices.
- Top with favorite BBQ sauce if desired or spoon some of the leftover pan juices over meat.