A hot cocoa snack board will be the hit of your party. All the toppings and add ins you need for the perfect cup of hot cocoa.
A hot chocolate bar is one of my favorite things to do for a holiday party. I’ve even done one for a Valentine’s Party and a Frozen themed hot chocolate bar! I always use my favorite hot chocolate which can be made in the crockpot which is a a perfect way to keep it warm.
Breakfast with Santa
This weekend we hosted our annual Breakfast with Santa. We’ve been doing this fun, neighborhood party for ten years. We invite our neighbors to join us for breakfast in our jammies and then we have a special visitors who brings presents for all the kids.
This year instead of doing the hot chocolate bar like I have done in the past we did a Hot Cocoa Snack Board.
You can use any size tray you want, depending on how many toppings, a wood cutting board works, a baking sheet or any large flat basket. I used a enamel tray that is 16 x 12 inches.
Hot Chocolate Toppings
All of my toppings came from Trader Joes and my local Safeway.
- Marshmallows – any shape, size or flavor. I used regular mini marshmallows, peppermint marshmallows, chocolate covered marshmallows and some holiday shaped Peeps.
- Toppings – mini M & M’s, sprinkles, crushed candy cane and mini chocolate chips.
- Cookies – gingerbread men, meringues, chocolate covered Oreos and Pirouette cookies (my favorite)
- Candy – Chocolate covered pretzels are a favorite and Candy Canes are fun for the kids to stir their hot cocoa with.
- Whipped Cream – I buy the whipped cream in the can, the kids love it so have plenty on hand.
I like to use small white ramekins to put the things like sprinkles, mini chocolate chips and M & M’s in. Everything else is just spread on the tray and people can grab what they like.
Mix up a big pot of hot chocolate and let your guests put together all kinds of fun combinations.
Check out some other fun snack board ideas here:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Hot Cocoa Snack Board
- mini chocolate chips
- mini M & M's
- crushed candy cane
- marshmallows various sizes and flavors
- chocolate covered pretzels
- candy canes
If you’ve tried this Hot Cocoa Snack Board or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!