- ½ C onion, diced
- ¼ C butter
- 2 - (14.5 oz.) cans petit cut diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp dried Thyme
- 1 C chicken broth
- ½ C half and half
- In a large pan saute the onions in butter until tender.
- Add in tomatoes, salt, pepper, baking soda, chicken broth and thyme.
- Bring to a boil
- Then turn heat down to simmer for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Allow mixture to cool
- Put into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- You can strain out any solid pieces but I didn't.
- Return to saucepan or refrigerate.
- Right before serving bring to a simmer and half and half.
- Do not allow to boil after adding half and half.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!