Today’s recipe is actually one I made several months ago that I forgot about.
It is another amazing recipe that uses chicken thighs. If you haven’t cooked much with chicken thighs you really need to give them a try. They are so moist! A few other great chicken thigh recipes are Sticky Coconut Chicken and Asian BBQ Chicken. Not only is thigh meat nice and moist it is also inexpensive!
This recipe comes from one of my favorite food blogs – Our Best Bites. The spicy part of the recipe is moderate and you can raise or lower the heat by adjusting the amount of spices used.
It’s a quick and easy dinner and great when served with lime cilantro rice
- 2 t Garlic Powder
- 2 t Chili Powder
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1 t paprika
- 1/4-1/2 t Cayenne pepper depending on how hot you like it
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 T Honey
- 2 t Cider Vinegar
- Combine first 6 ingredients (all the spices) in bowl and mix well.
- Use kitchen shears (or a pair of clean scissors) to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces.
- Toss chicken with spice rub to coat all sides well.
- Brush grill surface lightly with oil.
- Grill chicken a few minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well until combined.
- Brush mixture on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling.
- Now because the glaze is sugar-based, you’ll want to turn the heat down so it doesn’t burn, but let it cook for a few minutes to caramelize.
- You can also cook this under the broiler if you don't have a BBQ or the weather is bad.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.