English Muffin Bread is just like your favorite British breakfast, English Muffins, but in bread form. It’s makes for the perfect toast!
So I think I have been watching too much British TV recently because I have been having major cravings for toast. See my list of favorite British TV shows here!
If you ever watch British TV (BBC) do you notice how often they eat toast? They eat a lot of toast. For breakfast with tea and then they toast it over the fire in the evening before bed. The British like their toast and since more than half the blood coursing through my veins is British it is natural that I would crave toast!
I decided to satisfy this craving with some English Muffin Bread.
What is English Muffin Bread?
English Muffin Bread is basically an English Muffin in bread form. English muffins have been around for a while and date back to the 10th century. This bread has a coarser texture than regular bread and is delicious! The best part is that it makes great toast. The coarseness of the bread, when toasted, provides the perfect backdrop for butter, marmalade, jam or whatever you want to put on it.
How to Make English Muffin Bread
This bread is easy to make!
- Yeast. The yeast gets put in with the dry ingredients and then warm liquid is added in. Make sure you have the temperature just right – not too hot and not too cold. (105-110 degrees F) You can find all my best tips to work with yeast here.
- Cornmeal. One of the other distinguishing factors of an English muffin or English muffin bread is the dusting of cornmeal on the outer edges. I grease and dusted my bread pan with cornmeal.
- Mix dough in stand mixer with the dough hook. The dough is very soft.
- Grease bread pan that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Cover the pan with a cloth and allow the dough to rise until the dough is 1/4″ above the rim of the pan.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and smells heavenly!
- Wait until bread is cool before you slice and then toast.
What to put on toast
It is now ready for your favorite toast topping – which do you prefer butter or jam? Have you ever tried lemon curd or Nutella on your toast? It’s divine!
For some other yummy bread recipes check out these!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
English Muffin Bread Recipe
Originally posted on February 13, 2013
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!