There is no yeast, no kneading and no rise time for this Quick Cheese Bread but there is plenty of cheese!
Nothing beats a good quick bread. Some of our favorites include the BEST banana bread ever! I promise. We also love Zucchini Bread, especially when you add in blueberries. And this Lemon Bread is amazing.
Easy Cheese Bread Recipe
This Quick Cheese Bread is full of cheese goodness. There is cheese in the middle, cheese on top and cheese on the bottom and the bread comes together quickly..
There is nothing more satisfying than cutting into a warm loaf of bread and seeing gooey, delicious cheese inside!
How to Make Quick Cheese Bread
Cheese – I used a sharp Cheddar Cheese which I cut into cubes, these cheese goes into the batter. I also used grated Parmesan cheese on the bottom and top of the bread. I prefer to grate my own cheese as I find it melts better.
The chunks of Cheddar Cheese is added into dry ingredients.
Add in your liquids. The batter is sticky and more like a muffin batter than bread dough. The bottom of your bread pan is sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Then another layer of Parmesan cheese goes on top.
Bake the bread at 350 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for five minutes and then remove from pan and continue cooling on a baking rack. Or, slice into it and enjoy!
How to Store Cheese Bread
It can be stored in an airtight container and kept on the counter or in the refrigerator and will last for 3-5 days.
What to Serve with Cheese Bread
Pretty much anything! It’s make a delicious sandwich and I especially enjoy it with various pasta dishes such as:
Quick Cheese Bread Recipe
Quick Cheese Bread
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk 2% milk may be substituted but don't use skim milk
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position in the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 5 by 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese evenly in bottom of pan
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper to combine
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in cheddar cheese cubes, breaking up clumps, until cheese is coated with flour
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, egg, and sour cream
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined (the batter will be heavy and thick).
- Do not overmix
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan; spread to sides of pan and level surface with a rubber spatula Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan evenly over surface
- Bake until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; invert loaf from pan and continue to cool until warm, about 45 minutes
- Cut into slices and serve
Originally posted May 29, 2009
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, party ideas and travel tips and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Leave a Review