Lasagna Casserole has all the elements of the traditional lasagna. It has the noodles, the meat, the cheese, and the sauce but the process is quick and easy!
True confessions. I have only made a traditional, layered lasagna once in my life. I mainly did it just so I could say I did it. It’s not because I don’t like lasagna, I love a good lasagna. I love the cheese, the sauce, and everything about it. The thing I don’t like is the process of making it. I just find the whole process too time consuming. My solution to a lasagna craving use to be to buy a frozen lasagna at Costco!
This Lasagna Casserole has everything your classic, traditional lasagna has, it is just in a different shape and size and it’s so easy! You boil your noodles. I like to use fussili noodles because they hold lots of sauce in those little indentations!
The noodles are combined with a yummy meat sauce you make and then combined with lots of mozzarella cheese. Put it all into a baking dish and then cover with more mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. The more cheese the better as far as I’m concerned!
Bake it until it is heated through and the cheese is melted and golden brown on top. All that is left to do is grab a spoon and dig in.
Lasagna is comfort food at our house and I love how easy this lasagna casserole makes it to satisfy those comfort food cravings!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Check out some of my other favorite comfort meals :
Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 12 oz. Fusilli pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain water.
- Brown ground beef over medium heat. Add in chopped onion, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine pasta, meat mixture, crushed tomatoes and half the mozzarella cheese. put in a baking dish (9 x 13"). Sprinkle with other half of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is golden brown.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.