Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella is the perfect solution to too much zucchini. Topped with mozzarella you won’t be able to stop the kids from eating their veggies!
Does your zucchini runneth over in your garden? Or maybe your neighbor’s garden and they are graciously sharing?
If not, you will be hoping it does after giving today’s recipe a try. I don’t like zucchini, at least I thought I didn’t like zucchini, until I gave this recipe for Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella which I originally saw over at Jamie Cooks It Up. a try.
During one of my frequent visits to Utah, we were having a Wilkes family dinner and I wanted to help contribute something to the dinner. When I saw the zucchini on my family member’s kitchen counter this recipe came to mind. It was a huge hit and disappeared quickly.
Not only is it delicious but it is so easy and the perfect solution for an abundance of zucchini. I just sliced the zucchini about 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick and placed them on a cookie sheet and sprinkled them with a seasoning salt. Then just bake them for 10-15 minutes until they are crisp tender. You don’t want them to get too soft.
Pop them back in the oven under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes, just until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. How can anything covered in mozzarella cheese be bad!? It’s the perfect way to get the kids to eat their veggies!
Some of my other favorite vegetable side dishes:
Favorite kitchen tools I used to make Baked Zucchini:
SHEET PAN – I have at least six of these in my kitchen. I use them everyday. The 13 x 18 size is perfect and I use them for everything!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Baked Zucchini Recipe
Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella
- 2 medium sized or about 5 small zucchini
- Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 2 C shredded mozzarella cheese if you don’t have mozzarella use any favorite cheese blend. The pizza blend or Mexican blend works well too Don’t worry about exact proportions. Just sprinkle the cheese on to the thickness you like – the more cheese the better for me!
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place flat onto a large cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the zucchini with cheese.
- Turn the oven to broil,.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven and let the cheese get all bubbly and a bit browned. This should only take about 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Do not get distracted and forget about what is in your oven. Remove and watch them disappear.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally Posted September 2010
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.