Lasagna for Two is a classic lasagna with just the right amount for two people. The perfect solution to too many leftovers.
One of my least favorite parts of being an empty nester is leftovers. I am not and have never been a fan of leftovers and when you are only cooking for two, leftovers can be a serious problem.
Fortunately for me, I am married to a leftover eater. One of my least favorite leftovers is anything made with pasta. The texture of the pasta changes and it never tastes as good reheated.
That is where Lasagna for Two comes in!
Lasagna for 2
This recipe is the perfect amount for two people with just enough leftover for for the leftover eater!
A 9 x 5 inch loaf pan is the perfect size pan for this recipe.
To be perfectly honest, I have never been a big fan of making lasagna. Mainly because I thought it was too much work. I hated having to boil the noodles. But then I discovered oven ready noodles, and there is no boiling or precooking required. Life changing! If you can ‘t find the oven ready noodles you can use regular lasagna noodles, you will just have to boil them. Be sure to cook them al dente so they don’t get too soft.
How to Make Lasagna for Two
- Make your meat sauce (see directions below). I like it to be a little soupy.
- Mix together cheese mixture of ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, basil, salt and pepper.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Place a layer of meat sauce (about 1/2 inch) on the bottom of the bread pan.
- Top with a noodle and 1/3 of the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Add about 1/2 cup of sauce on top.
Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Noodle – cheese – sauce. End with sauce on top and 1/3 cup of Mozzarella cheese and 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly browned.
Allow lasagna to sit for about 10-15 minutes to allow it to set up a bit. You can eat it right away but it will be a bit soupy.
We love to serve lasagna with
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Lasagna Recipe for Two
Lasagna for Two
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz. petite diced tomatoes not drained
- 1 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated, for top
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/3 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 4 sheets NO BOIL Lasagna noodles
- In a frying pan, add hamburger, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until meat is cooked through.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasoning and sugar and cook until slightly thickened, it will still be a little soupy. Don't let all the liquid cook down. You should have approximately 3- 4 cups of meat sauce.
- Mix together ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, egg, basil, salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of meat sauce in bottom of 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Add 1 noodle, 1/3 of ricotta mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of grated Mozzarella and top with about 1/2 cup sauce.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of sauce and remaining 1/3 cup of Mozzarella and 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 400 degrees F oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Let lasagna sit for 10-15 minutes to let it set up.