Quiche is not just for breakfast. Today’s recipe for enchilada quiche is a great dinner time option, it combines the flavors of an enchilada in a fun breakfast dish.
I love serving quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This quiche works perfectly any time of day and even the men at my house love it. This recipe takes your basic quiche recipe up a notch or two with the addition of shredded chicken, cheese, salsa, chips and chilies.
It has the look and texture of a quiche but the taste of an enchilada.
Enchilada Quiche Ingredients
- Pie Crust
- Tortilla Chips
- Green Chilies
How to Make an Enchilada Quiche
I took the easy route and used a store bought pie shell. I like the ones you find in the freezer section, that come in the pan. You can always make one from scratch if you prefer. I love my Perfect Pie Crust Recipe.
- Mix together eggs and milk.
- Add in salsa, chicken, chilies and cheese.
- Add in broken tortilla chips. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 55-65 minutes or until crust is golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
How Long Will Quiche Last
Quiche will last 3-4 days when stored in the refrigerator. It can be frozen for 3-4 months.
This quiche can be served warm, room temperature or chilled but we prefer it warm.
What to Serve with Quiche
Garnish with a spoonful of sour cream, sliced black olives, more salsa, sliced green onion and/or a sprinkle of cilantro if desired.
I always love serving a nice salad with quiche. Try one of these:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Enchilada Quiche Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- 1 cup chicken diced or can used canned chicken breast in water
- 1 1/2 cup tortilla chips
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 4.5 oz. green chilies chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix whisk together the eggs until well blended.
- Add in half and half.
- Stir in chicken, chips, cheeses, salsa, green chilies and salt.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until crust is gold brown and knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if desired.
Originally posted October 17, 2011