Spinach Apple Salad is my go to salad recipe. Dress it up or dress it down, either way it’s delicious!
Spinach Apple Salad is something everyone needs in their salad repetoire. A good basic spinach salad you can change up depending on what is in your pantry. When you know you need to add a salad to your dinner or you’re craving one for lunch this spinach salad will become your best friend. It is the salad I make over and over again.
I traditionally make this salad with apples, but you can switch it up with a pear or some fresh berries. Bacon always makes things better you could use some left over chicken to make it more of a main dish. And I’m a big fan of toasted almonds but pecans, walnuts or whatever nut you have on hand will work perfectly in this salad.
My favorite part of the salad though is the dressing. Making your own salad dressing is so quick and easy I rarely buy store bought dressing.
The salad dressing is a pretty pink color thanks to the red onion. The onion also gives it amazing flavor.
Make sure to give the salad a try, and don’t forget the homemade dressing!
Make sure to check out more of my favorite spinach salads:
- Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Winter Spinach Salad
- Trader Joe’s Salad
- Spinach Salad
Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
Spinach Apple Salad
- 1 10-oz bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 med. Granny Smith apple cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. crumbled fried bacon
- 3/4 C toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/3 C oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 1/8 small red onion
- Toss salad ingredients together
- Place ingredients in blender
- Blend until onion is very fine and mixture is well blended
- Dress salad and serve immediately
- Garnish with apple slices