Spinach Apple Salad is my go to salad recipe. Dress it up or dress it down, either way it’s delicious!
Spinach Apple Salad is something everyone needs in their salad repetoire. A good basic spinach salad you can change up depending on what is in your pantry. When you know you need to add a salad to your dinner or you’re craving one for lunch this spinach salad will become your best friend. It is the salad I make over and over again.
Spinach Apple Salad Variations
I traditionally make this salad with apples, but you can switch it up with a pear or some fresh berries.
Bacon always makes things better you could use some left over chicken to make it more of a main dish.
I’m a big fan of toasted almonds but pecans, walnuts or whatever nut you have on hand will work perfectly in this salad. You can also candy them for some extra flavor using these directions.
How to Make Spinach Salad Dressing
My favorite part of the salad though is the dressing. Making your own salad dressing is so quick and easy I rarely buy store bought dressing.
The salad dressing is a pretty pink color thanks to the red onion. The onion also gives it amazing flavor.
- Combine sugar, oil, salt, vinegar and red onion. I use canola oil but you could use any mild oil you like.
- Allow dressing to sit for a bit before serving to allow the red onion flavor to infuse the dressing.
How to Make Spinach Apple Salad
- Place spinach in a bowl. You can also add in other greens if you like.
- Add sliced crumbled bacon, feta cheese and sliced apples.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Make sure to give the salad a try, and don’t forget the homemade dressing!
Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
Spinach Apple Salad
- 1 10-oz bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 med. Granny Smith apple cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. crumbled fried bacon
- 3/4 C toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/3 C oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 1/8 small red onion
- Toss salad ingredients together
- Place ingredients in blender
- Blend until onion is very fine and mixture is well blended
- Dress salad and serve immediately
- Garnish with apple slices