This Trader Joe’s Salad is amazing! It has quickly become a favorite at our house.
For more delicious recipes be sure and follow me on Instagram.
I am lucky enough to live five minutes from a Trader Joe’s. I know not everyone is as fortunate. Today’s salad is called Trader Joe’s Salad for a reason, all the ingredients can be bought at Trader Joes. But before those of you who don’t live near a Trader Joe’s click off you can still make this salad. I will provide you with substitutions for those of you who aren’t able to get to a Trader Joe’s. Trust me, you want to make this salad.
I actually made this salad three times in the last week and each time I made it the first thing I was asked was, “Is it on the blog?” Well, it wasn’t because I had found it at my friend’s blog Sweet Treats & More. I knew as soon as I saw it in my Facebook feed I had to try it. Trader Joe’s is one of my favorite places to show. And I love this salad. It is so darn pretty and easy to make! I made some of my own changes to the salad and I think you will love it.
How to Make Trader Joe’s Salad
The salad starts with a base of arugula. I also like spinach in my salad so I added a nice pile of spinach right in the middle of the dish. You are going to need a nice long, flat or round dish for this salad as part of the appeal is how pretty it looks when you layer everything into the dish.
Trader Joe’s Quattro Formaggio shredded cheese or you could use your favorite blend of cheese. This one is a blend of Asiago, Fontina, Parmesan and Mild Provolone.
Quinoa. I used the Tri Color Quinoa blend from Trader Joes. The original recipe called for Orzo
On the other side of the Spinach layer your:
Corn. I roasted my own corn but you could use canned corn
Pepitas or pumpkin seeds. I think sunflower seeds would be great too.
Trader Joe’s Bruschetta. You could easily use chopped tomatoes for this or make your own bruschetta blend. The Trader Joe’s version is found in the refrigerator section.
After it is layered all pretty in your serving dish, grab your salad dressing. The salad uses Trader Joe’s Parmesan Ranch Dressing or just use your favorite Ranch dressing
And give the salad a nice drizzle.
Then enjoy how pretty it looks before you toss it all together!
It may not look quite as pretty but it sure does taste delicious!
Check out more of my favorite salad recipe:
Trader Joe’s Salad Recipe
Trader Joe's Salad
- 1 c quinoa cooked. I used the Trader Joe's tri-color
- 1 bag baby arugula coarsely chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 3/4 can corn drained or 2 ears of corn roasted and cut off the cob
- 1 container Trader Joe's fresh bruschetta sauce liquid drained (found in refrigerator section) or fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup dried cranberries.
- 1 cup salted pepitas or pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Trader Joes Quattro Formaggio shredded cheese blend of Asiago, Fontina, Parmesan and Mild Provolone
- ½ bottle Trader Joe’s Parmesan Ranch Dressing found in refrigerator section or favorite Ranch Dressing
- Place a layer of arugula in bottom of dish.
- Layer all other ingredients on top of arugula
- Drizzle with dressing