Celestial salad gets its name because it tastes heavenly. It is the perfect light summer or spring salad with a lot of flavor and crunch.
Celestial Salad has been a family favorite at our house for years. It is always on our Easter menu as well as making frequent appearances on our dinner table throughout the year. As far as I’m concerned it is pretty heavenly.
I especially enjoy this salad in the spring and summer months. There is just something about a salad with oranges in it that says “Spring” to me!
Celestial Salad Ingredients
- Romaine Lettuce
- Mandarin Oranges
- Sugared Almonds
Celestial Salad Dressing
The dressing is very light and is a combination of olive oil, sugar, white vinegar, red vinegar, salt and pepper and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
This salad dressing will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.
How to Make Celestial Salad
- Cut up celery, green onions and cucumbers
- Drain mandarin oranges.
- Sugar almonds using these directions.
- Mix up dressing.
- Combine all ingredients and add dressing.
- Toss to coat and serve.
The original recipe came from The Portland Palate, one of my favorite cookbooks.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Celestial Salad Recipe
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 11 oz mandarin oranges drained
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- Romaine lettuce torn into pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Sugar the Almonds
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, celery, green onions, cucumber, oranges and nuts
- Whisk together salt, pepper, oil, sugar, vinegar and red pepper flakes
- To sugar almonds place the sugar and almonds in a small frying pan and stir until the sugar melts and coats the nuts and they turn golden brown. Stir constantly.
- Pour over salad and toss well
Originally posted May 26, 2015