Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are a fun twist on a traditional enchilada. The honey lime marinade gives the chicken a unique and delicious flavor.
I’ve got a quick and easy dinner recipe for you today, Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas If, like me, you have seen a recipe for these enchiladas floating around the internet, but haven’t given it a try, now is the time. Since I am typically a cheese enchilada only girl, it took me a while. But finally I made a batch and I am so glad I did.
Because I don’t prefer cream sauces, this recipe doesn’t add heavy cream to the enchilada sauce like other recipes for the dish. I also poured a little of the left over enchilada sauce over them after they came out of the oven. It makes them taste even better!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 5 Tbsp fresh lime juice 1-2 limes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 - 10 flour tortillas depending on size
- 1 lb of a Mexican blend cheese monterey jack, colby, cheddar, shredded
- 1 large can of green enchilada sauce
- Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together with the shredded chicken. Allow it to sit for at least 1/2 hour or you could do it hours before and just cover and refrigerate
- Pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into bottom of a 9 x 13 pan
- Place chicken and cheese into middle of a tortilla and spoon about 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce over it and roll up
- Place seam down in the pan
- Reserve about 1-2 cups of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top of rolled enchiladas (reserve a little bit to add after they are baked) and sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.