The combination of flavors in the Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork makes this easy dish a show stopper. It makes an unforgettable pulled pork sandwich or slider.
Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork is one of our go to game day meals. It makes great sliders, which are perfect for enjoying in front of the TV. But this recipe is too good to wait until game day. Enjoy the pulled pork on slider buns or regular size sandwich buns for an easy weeknight meal.
I first enjoyed Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Sliders at a neighbor’s Halloween party. I love pulled pork but I especially loved it with the balsamic honey sauce on top! The sweetness of the honey along with the flavor of the balsamic vinegar is lovely.
Making the Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork is easy. Place your pork shoulder roast on a bed of onions in your slow cooker. Sprinkle with thyme and rosemary, add some broth to the slow cooker and cook on low for 9-10 hours. If you are short on time, you can also cook it on high for 4-5 hours.
While it is cooking, prepare the Honey Balsamic Sauce.
They honey balsamic sauce is a combination of balsamic vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, garlic and some salt and pepper. Combine the ingredients in a pot and cook until it begins to boil. Make sure to keep stirring so the bottom doesn’t burn. Ones it begins to boil, turn the heat down until the sauce is simmering. Then let it simmer until it reduces to a nice, dark, thick sauce. Perfect for topping a pulled pork slider.
Once the meat and sauce are both finished, remove your meat from the crockpot and shred it with two forks. Strain the liquid from the onions and combine the meat and onions. At this point you can put it back in the crockpot and pour the BBQ sauce over it and let it cook for another hour but I preferred to just serve it by putting the shredded pork on the slider bun and then drizzling the sauce over the top.
Check out more crock pot pork recipes:
Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork Recipe
Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork
- 2 - 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 C onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1 C balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 C ketchup
- 1/3 C brown sugar packed
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Place meat on top and sprinkle with thyme and rosemary.
- Pour broth over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until meat shreds easily for a fork.
- Remove meat from crock pot and shred with two forks
- In a sauce pan combine all sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir occasionally.
- After sauce is made you can place the shredded meat back in crock pot and stir in sauce and allow to cook for another hour.
- I prefer to just shred the meat and then put it on the slider bun and spoon the sauce over the top.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.