Slider buns are perfect for parties and barbecues. This easy slider bun recipe is easy to make and delicious with pulled pork, hamburgers, or any other favorite slider recipe.
I love slider buns! Mainly because they are little. Little food is so fun. And it allows you to try different things instead of one large sandwich. Sliders are a great way to serve food at a party.
Making this slider bun recipe is pretty much like making any yeast bread or roll. The slider rolls are just a little more dense so that they hold the meat and don’t fall apart on you. But they are still soft and just a bit sweet, which makes them perfect.
The first step is to let your dough rise.
After the dough it has risen, form your dough into little round rolls. You can make them any size you want but I made mine about 2 inches across. I got 18 slider buns out of the recipe. Remember they will be a bit bigger when they rise.
You want to gently flatten the ball of dough so they look like the photo above. Then let them rise for 30 minutes or so.
The slider buns are then ready to bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool and then slice them open and fill them with Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork!
For a few more of my favorite bread or roll recipes check out these:
Slider Bun Recipe
- 1 1/4 C milk I used whole
- 6 Tbsp vegetable shortening Crisco
- 3 C flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- Place dry ingredients in the mixer (flour, sugar, salt and yeast)
- Heat milk in a pan over medium heat.
- When it begins to simmer add in shortening until melted.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add warm milk to remaining ingredients in a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Mix on low until dough comes away from sides of the bowl and forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium and mix until dough is smooth and springy, about 4 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise for about one hour.
- Punch down and form dough into 18 pieces. Shape each piece into a round bun.
- Slightly flatten each bun and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Allow buns to rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.