Instant Pot Pulled Pork is so easy, versatile and incredibly tender and you’ll have perfect pulled pork in an hour. I love to dress it up with some BBQ sauce.
There is pretty much nothing easier to make in your Instant Pot than pulled pork and it is always a crowd pleaser. You can eat it straight out of the pot or you can dress it up with some BBQ sauce.
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- I like to use a 3-4 lb. boneless pork shoulder, loin or picnic roast for my pulled pork.
- Cut the pork into large chunks. Add the seasoning mix of paprika, chili powder, brown sugar and salt and pepper into a zip loc bag. Add meat and shake to coat. Allow the meat to sit with the seasoning for 30-60 minutes if possible.
- Turn your Instant Pot onto saute and add olive oil. Brown the pork on all sides in a single layer, do in batches.
- Add all your pork into the Instant Pot and then add your liquid into the pot, pouring it to the side of the meat so you don’t wash off the seasoning. Coke acts as a tenderizer for the pork. You can also use Dr. Pepper or root beer in place of the Coke, don’t use diet. Set on manual high pressure for 50 minutes.
- Allow the pork to natural release for 20 minutes and then quick release. Remove the pork from the pot and shred. I like to save some of the sauce to add some back in with the meat to keep it nice and moist.
- Add in BBQ sauce to your desired amount. I usually just drizzle on the top and then stir to coat.
How to Serve Pulled Pork
My favorite way to serve pulled pork is with BBQ sauce and coleslaw on a slider bun. My favorite store bought BBQ sauce is the Sweet Baby Rays brand. I like to use the small slider buns but you can also use a full size hamburger bun. Just add your pulled pork, drizzle with BBQ sauce, add top with some coleslaw.
This BBQ Pulled Pork Quinoa bowl is another perfect way to enjoy it and use up some leftovers in your fridge.
Can I Make Pulled Pork in the Crock Pot?
Add Instant Pot Pulled Pork to your regular meal rotation. The whole family will love it, even your pickiest of eaters!!
Check out more of my easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Beef Stroganoff Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Pulled Pork Quinoa Bowl
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 lbs boneless pork loin roast shoulder or picnic roast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Coke can also use Dr. Pepper or Root Beer
- 1 cup beef broth
- BBQ sauce
- Mix together seasonings and brown sugar.
- Cut pork into large pieces (approx. 8)
- Add pork and seasoning mix into a zip loc bag and shake to coat. Allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Add oil to Instant Pot and turn to saute. Add pork pieces and brown on all sides.
- Add coke and beef broth to Instant Pot, pouring it around meat so you don't wash off seasoning.
- Turn Instant Pot to manual high pressure and set time for 50 minutes. Do a 20 minute natural release.
- Shred pork and add some of the liquid back in to keep it moist.
- Add BBQ sauce as desired.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.