These Cranberry Orange Cookies are perfect for holiday baking or anytime baking. The flavor combo is perfection.
Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone it is time to get serious about Christmas. I got a big chunk of my shopping done on CyperMonday! How about you?
One of my favorite holiday activities is our Annual Cookie Baking Day. I spend a lot of time coming up with just the right menu of cookies. Being sure flavors are balanced – can’t have all chocolate cookies. There is always a list of our favorites like Lemon Drops and Snowballs.
Each year I always add a few new recipes to the list too. I’ve been busy experimenting with some fun recipes to see which ones will make the Annual Cookie Baking Day list this year! I’m going to have a hard time narrowing down the list.
Today’s recipe is one I made over a month ago and it’s been hard to wait to share it with you!
I love the combination of orange and cranberry. Not only is it delicious in a cranberry relish but it also makes a lovely cookie!
The cookies are light and crunchy with a delicious flavor. It has a light, sweet citrus flavor. The orange sugar coating on the outside gives it that extra pop of orange and makes them sparkle.
They are going to look so pretty on a cookie plate!
These cookies got two thumbs up from the friends I shared them with too! I have quite a collection of cookie cookbooks and this comes from one of my favorites – Land o Lakes Best of Baking.
Some of my favorite cookie baking tools are:
- 1 C sugar
- ¾ C butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 C flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ C dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated orange peel
- ⅓ C sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all sugar mixture ingredients in small bowl.
- Stir until well mixed. Set aside
- Combine 1 cup sugar, butter and egg in a bowl. Beat until creamy.
- Reduce speed and add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat until combined.
- Shape cookies into one inch balls and roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass to 1½ inch circles
- Bake for 7 - 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Do not over bake.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheet.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!