Make your life easier with this 4 ingredient crockpot cranberry pork . It’s easy, delicious and the perfect dinner solution.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe.
You only need 4 Ingredients! How easy is that!!!
It makes a perfect freezer meal. Put all the ingredients into a freezer zippered bag and then all you have to do is pull it out of the freezer and pop it into the crock pot. You can even put it in frozen!
Cranberry Pork Ingredients
- Pork Shoulder Roast. You can also use a pork butt, pork loin roast or a Boston Butt
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- Minced Onion
How to Make Cranberry Pork
- Place pork roast into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together one can of cranberry, honey and minced onion. Save one can of cranberry for later.
- Pour over pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low until pork is tender and pulls apart. You can also slice it if you prefer.
- Add some of the remaining juices into the other can of cranberry sauce to make it a nice spreading consistency.
How to Serve
- Place shredded or sliced pork onto a serving platter.
- Pour cranberry sauce mixture (with juices added) over the top.
- It would also be delicious served as a sandwich!
Frequently Asked Questions
The National Pork Board says that pork is fully cooked at between 145 degrees F and 160 degrees F.
If you have the time and want to do so, go for it! I have found that it is not necessary though and the cranberry pork has plenty of flavors without searing.
Absolutely! You need 1 1/2 – 2 cups of cranberry sauce
Other favorite crock pot recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Crockpot Cranberry Pork
- 2.5 – 3 lb. pork shoulder roast boston butt or pork butt
- 2 15 oz. whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion
- Combine all ingredients except for one can of cranberry sauce into slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork
- Add about 1/4 cup of the liquid left in the slow cooker into the remaining can of cranberry sauce to make a nice sauce for the top of the cranberry.
- Serve pork with cranberry sauce on top