Don’t wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy cranberries. These Cranberry Cheesecake Bars are delicious any time of year.
This recipe is a little late for Thanksgiving this year but it is just in time for the upcoming holiday baking season.
We are kicking off with a good one. Cranberry Cheesecake Bars will make a great addition to any holiday party or holiday cookie plate you may be putting together in December. They are yummy!
This recipe is a combination of two of my favorite bar cookie recipes. The cream cheese layer from my lemon cheesecake bars and the crust and topping from the yummy sour cream apple bars. I added a cranberry layer and created a whole new yummy bar cookie.
They got two thumbs up from my husband and my friends who tried them and I loved them too.
I added brown sugar into the whole cranberries to sweeten them up a bit and a little cornstarch to thicken it. It makes a lovely surprise in between the cream cheese layer and the crunchy topping.
So if you have a can of leftover whole cranberries or even if you don’t – go out and buy one and give these yummy bars a try. You won’t be sorry – I promise. Trust me on this one!!
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 C firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 C uncooked quick cooking oats
- 1 C flour
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 16oz. can of whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine butter and brown sugar in large bowl
- Beat at medium speed until creamy
- Add remaining crust ingredients and beat until well mixed
- Press HALF of crust mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 pan
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown
- While baking make cheesecake layer
- Combine the cream cheese layer ingredients; mix well
- Also put together the cranberry layer.(see below)
- Gently pour the cream cheese filling over the hot, partially baked crust
- Gently spoon cranberry layer over the top of the cream cheese layer
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top and gently press down
- Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown
- Mix all ingredients together
- Spoon over cream cheese layer
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!