Butterscotch Blondies are a fun change from a traditional brownie with the addition of butterscotch chips.
Butterscotch Blondies is one of those family favorite recipes and one I shared back in the very early beginnings of my blog. And if you are looking for a non-chocolate bar cookie this recipe is perfect.
A blondie is similar to a brownie in texture, but a blondie has a caramel/butterscotch flavor. Traditionally blondies are made with brown butter which helps give them that butterscotch flavor. Today’s blondie gets the butterscotch flavor from the butterscotch chips.
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Butterscotch Chips
How to Make Butterscotch Blondies
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy. These bars have more brown sugar than granulated sugar and that gives them an extra depth of flavor.
- Add eggs and beat well
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt and gradually add to butter mixture, blending well Mix until the flour is just incorporated.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts, if desired and spread into pan. You could also add in white chocolate chips or milk chocolate.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Do not overbake. The bars should just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars
For other yummy bar cookie recipes check out these:
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Butterscotch Brownies
- Apricot Jam Bars
- Caramel Brownies
- Chocolate Syrup Brownies
- Brown Sugar Blondies
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Blondies
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 pan
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy
- Add eggs; beat well
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, blending well
- Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts, if desired and spread into pan
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Do not overbake
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack and cut into bars