Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies don’t just say Christmas – they shout it! A double chocolate cookie drizzled in white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy cane is the ultimate Christmas cookie.
After blogging for as long as I have, there are dozens of Christmas cookie recipes here on the blog and I love them all. It is so hard every Christmas season to choose what cookies to make because I have so many favorites. They are certain cookies that are MUST MAKES, my family wouldn’t have it any other way. One of them is these delicious Almond Raspberry Shortbread Cookies.
Each year I like to try at least one new cookie recipe, to keep things interesting. This year, I think I have found a new favorite, Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies. Peppermint is definitely my favorite flavor of the season and the sprinkle of crushed candy cane on top of these cookies adds just the right amount of peppermint goodness.
How to Make Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Make your double chocolate cookie dough. It uses cocoa powder and semi sweet chocolate chips. The cookies are crisp around the edges but nice and gooey, chewy in the middle thanks to the chocolate chips.
- Melt your white chocolate and place in a zippered plastic freezer bag. Snip off one of the corners and pipe the chocolate over the cooled cookies. Using a freezer bag helps keep your hand from getting too hot from the melted chocolate!
- After piping, quickly sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Be generous!
- Allow the chocolate drizzle to set up and then enjoy!
Not only are these Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies delicious but they are pretty too and you always need pretty cookies for that cookie plate!
If you have non peppermint lovers at your house, sprinkle the top of the cookies with chocolate sprinkles or toffee bits. Either one would work great! You could even sprinkle them with some crushed nuts if you like nuts on your cookies. Bet you can’t take just one bite!!
My UPS man made his almost daily stop at my house while I was baking these cookies. I gave him a plate with four cookies on it. He asked me if they were all for him and I told him, yes, that it was a four cookie day and he quickly agreed as he rushed off to deliver more Christmas packages!
Try some of my other favorite Christmas cookies:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla melting wafers
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Cream the mixture just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for at least an hour.
- Scoop on to parchment covered baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on a baking rack.
- When cookies are cool, melt candy melts in microwave. Place melted chocolate into a zippered freezer bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane immediately, before chocolate sets up.
Leave a Review