Peppermint Melting Moments are a pretty and delicious cookie to add to your holiday cookie plate
Peppermint just tastes like Christmas to me and I can’t get enough of it during the Christmas season.
One of the cookies I remember my mom making for Christmas every year were Melting Moments. I shared the recipe for her Melting Moments a few years ago. In fact it was one of the first cookie recipes I shared here on the blog! These cookies live up to their name and literally melt in your mouth.
I decided a peppermint version was in order so I tweeked the recipe a bit and the results were quite delicious.
Peppermint Melting Moments Ingredients
- Powdered Sugar
- Peppermint Extract
- Candy Cane
There are no eggs in this recipe so it is a great cookie for people with an egg allergy.
How to Make Peppermint Melting Moments
The secret to a melting moment cookie is the cornstarch and powdered sugar. This is what makes it melt in your mouth.
- Mix together powdered sugar and butter until creamy
- Add in peppermint extract, flour, cornstarch and crushed candy. Mix until combined.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and place two inches apart on a lined or sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, just until the cookies begin turn a light brown around the edges.
- After baking and cooling the cookie is frosted with peppermint frosting and then sprinkled with more crushed candy cane.
- These cookies are a bit fragile so be gentle with them while frosting them.
These cookies are pretty much peppermint perfection and are filled and topped with peppermint goodness.
Can I Freeze Melting Moments?
Because these cookies are on the fragile side you need to be gentle with them when freezing. Make sure they are in a well protected airtight container and the cookies can be frozen for 2-3 months.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Peppermint Melting Moments
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup crushed candy cane
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 Tbsp milk until frosting is the right consistency
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- extra crushed candy cane to sprinkle on top
- In a bowl cream butter and add in powdered sugar, mix until creamy.
- Add in extract.
- Gradually add in flour and cornstarch and crushed candy cane. Mix well
- Shape dough int 1 inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Move to rack to cool. Be careful as cookies are fragile.
- In a bowl combine butter, sugar, milk and extract and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Frost cookies and sprinkle with extra crushed candy cane.