These Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies are buttery and sweet.
The combination of raspberry and white chocolate is one of my favorites.
I am traditionally a Thanksgiving before Christmas kind of girl. I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to pull out my decorations and put up my tree. But when it comes to Christmas cookies, that is another story. I pretty much experiment with Christmas cookie recipes all year and the urge has been strong the last few weeks to try out a few new recipes. I couldn’t wait any longer!!
If you’ve been following along with the blog here for any length of time you know that I have a weakness for the white chocolate/raspberry combo. I just can’t seem to get enough of it. Although you could use any flavor of jam you like with these cookies my favorite will always be raspberry although I think apricot would be a good choice too.
The base for this cookie is a butter cookie that is full of chunks of white chocolate. The cookie is soft in the middle and a little crisp around the edges. Just the way I like it. After they are baked (don’t overbake them!) Top them with your favorite jam and then drizzle with some more white chocolate. These cookies would be an easy one to make ahead for the holidays and freeze. Top them with the jam and drizzle with chocolate after you thaw them, before serving. Don’t freeze with the jam and white chocolate drizzle.
Not only will these be the most delicious cookies on your holiday cookie plate but they will also be one of the prettiest.
For all my tips on putting together the perfect holiday cookie plate check out this post.
Some of my other favorite holiday cookies are:
Twelve Days of Holiday Cookies
Be sure to check out the Cookie section of my Recipe Index for dozens of more cookie recipes!
Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies
- 8 oz. white chocolate baking bar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup jam raspberry
- 4 oz. white chocolate baking bar
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet or cover with parchment paper.
- Chop half of the 8 oz. of white chocolate baking bar and set aside.
- In a pan, melt the rest of the unchopped white chocolate over medium heat. Cool.
- In a bowl, mix the butter with sugar, until combined. Add in eggs and melted white chocolate baking bar. Mix until combined
- Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt until combined and then stir in the chopped white baking bar.
- Place dough, by the spoonful onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches as part and bake for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on wire rack.
- Spoon a 1/2 tsp of jam onto each cooled cookie.
- In a heavy pan, melt the 4 oz. of white chocolate baking bar and oil. Stir until melted and combined well.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over each cookie. Refrigerate to firm up.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.