This recipe for Sausage Cornbread Dressing has been the favorite at our house for decades! Cornbread stuffing combined with sausage and brown rice make a delicious combination.
This sausage cornbread stuffing is my families favorite Thanksgiving side dish. It is a traditional cornbread stuffing with sausage and rice. The perfect flavor combination to compliment all of the traditional Thanksgiving flavors.
We have been making this dressing for Thanksgiving since the first time we enjoyed it over 20 years ago when we spent Thanksgiving with Aunt Dawn and Uncle Glenn up in Washington! I promise you will love Aunt Dawn’s Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe.
How to Make Dressing:
To make sausage cornbread stuffing, start by cooking the rice until fluffy and browning the sausage.
Next, melt butter and saute the celery and onions until they are soft. Mix together cooked rice, dressing, cooked sausage, celery and onion mixture. Add in chicken broth and stir to moisten.
Then place mixture in a 9 x 13 pan, cover, and bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for
another 15 minutes until browned and crispy around edges.
I love the combination of cornbread stuffing, sausage and brown rice in this recipe. The brown rice adds a nice texture and a nutty flavor. I’d love for you to try it and maybe it will become your family’s favorite too!
Check out more of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes:
Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Sausage Cornbread Dressing
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 12` oz cornbread dressing 1 box
- 16 oz Jimmy Dean regular sausage 1 package
- 1 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Boil water and add brown rice. Cover and cook until rice is cooked and fluffy (about 30-45 minutes)
- Brown sausage.
- Melt butter and saute celery and onions until soft.
- Mix together cooked rice, dressing, cooked sausage, celery and onion mixture.
- Add in chicken broth and stir to moisten.
- Place in a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees F covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes until browned and crispy around edges.
If you’ve tried this cornbread stuffing recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!